MTI Editorial Guidelines
MedTech Intelligence addresses topics within business analysis, market access, operations, product development, and quality and regulatory as it relates to the medical device and diagnostic industry. We welcome the submission of features and columns. Please review the Guidelines for Submission below and consult with the Editor before working on an article.
All manuscripts are subject to copy editing and fact-checking to ensure the quality and relevance of the materials. Authors are given the opportunity to review and approve or alter the edited draft prior to publication. On average, submissions can require two to three weeks for review and up to a month for publication.
Guidelines for Submission
Articles should be submitted in a Word document through the form at the bottom of the page or via email to the Editor.
- Articles must be an original piece. We do not accept articles that have previously been published or are under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Topics should fall under the umbrella of business analysis, market access, operations, product development, and quality and regulatory.
- Features should provide educational or technical information.
- Columns are generally more opinionated pieces, but they must contain factual information and should not contain offensive statements.
- As a general rule of thumb, follow the word count:
- 1200-2000 words for features
- 600-1200 words for columns
- Include as part of your article:
- Suitable title
- 2-3 sentence intro/executive summary of the article
- Author bio: First and last name, job title, company name, and email contact information. Company names, email or website addresses cannot suffice as author names.
- Appropriate images/illustrations, figures and tables with captions
- Tables and figures must be numbered and referenced within the article.
- Figures and illustrations must be provided as separate files. Do not submit them within the body copy. Preferred formats to send images are PNG, JPG, TIFF, and EPS, and between at least 72 and 150 DPI. Number figures in order of reference within the article.
- It is the responsibility of the author to obtain permission to use any images or graphics. Do not pull artwork from other websites unless you have obtained permission to do so.
- Hardcopy of artwork will not be accepted.
- References should be numbered in order of reference to within the article. These should be indicated within the article text by superscript numerals. References should be complete and follow AP style. Do not simply send links to articles.
- Bibliographies or suggested readings should be organized alphabetically and not numbered.
Final Points to Consider
- We do not accept promotional materials (press releases, etc.)
- During the copy-editing process, all promotional information, including product names and company name, will be removed.
- Make sure the content submitted is relevant to the above topics.
- Consult with the Editor, Maria Fontanazza, before beginning the writing process to ensure relevance to MedTech Intelligence’s audience.
- Once published on MedTech Intelligence, we encourage our authors to share their content through social media channels. For more information about the process in sharing content on other websites, please contact the Editor, Maria Fontanazza.